Friday, September 10, 2010

John Higgins allegations could be harmful for snooker says Barry Hearn

Neil Gardner & ,}

Barry Hearn, the universe snooker chief, has vowed any illness in the competition will be private "in a heartless manner" if the allegations of match-fixing against John Higgins are proved.

Higgins and Pat Mooney, his manager, were filmed by the News of the World newspaper allegedly similar to accept 261,000 in lapse for regulating the outcome of 4 frames in matches to be played after this year.

Hearn said: "If there is a illness in snooker it will be the genocide knell of snooker if it is not removed. If John is proven guilty the penalties will be really oppressive indeed."

Hearn, who pronounced he was positively mortified, by the accusations, spoke to a tearful Higgins yesterday. "Obviously the man is in bits," he said. "And I can sympathise, empathise, with him since it"s been his whole life. The man is series one in the world.

"We had a really straightforward review since I was in a on all sides to contend look, I"m not decider and jury here, my pursuit is to impute it to the suitable authorities. But as a friend, that I would systematise myself to John Higgins because I"ve well known him for twenty years, it doesn"t see good, John".

"We all watched the video, we"ve all seen it. Now, whatever reason there may be at the back of the scenes - and John has subsequently come out with a statement - I can usually decider on the visible justification that is in front of me.

"I only stressed to John that this is something that is not going afar but it will be treated with colour as a very, really critical offence, potentially, and if he is found guilty will lift the majority serious of penalties. And patently that"s really upsetting for him, that I can assimilate since it"s his life, his living.

"I hold he"s a unapproachable man, I essentially hold he"s an honest man but I can"t omit the justification in front of me and the repairs potentially it could do to the game."

Hearn has betrothed that the ruling physique will examine the allegations in a quick manner. "There will be nothing, I repeat positively nothing, that will stop this make a difference being dealt with in the fastest probable timetable so we can have this make a difference resolved and get down to concentrating on what we love to combine on, this smashing game," he added.

Higgins, the stream universe series one, has denied any wrong-doing and insisted he will quarrel to transparent his name. "Today is the begin of the greatest match of my life," he pronounced in a matter on Sunday. "It"s not the World Championship that"s at stake, it"s something even some-more important, my reputation.

"I will concur entirely with the snooker authorities. I have built my reputation on probity and integrity. Sadly others have right away shop-worn that reputation and it is right away left to me to transparent my name.

"I have never been concerned in any form of snooker match-fixing. In my eighteen years personification veteran snooker I have never on purpose longed for a shot, never mind purposely lost a support or a match."

No comments:

Post a Comment